3 talented friends...

I guess it's not uncommon that people with similar interests should be friends... With that said though, I still need to acknowledge how incredibly humbled I am to be surrounded by such incredibly talented friends... These three girls - my friends - astound, impress and inspire me.

Kate Clarkeson paints the most stunning landscapes and still lifes (above) - her style is a whimsical blend of neutral and earthy tones highlighted by pops of vibrant colour. She does these gorgeous paintings on natural linen that I love... and the landscapes speak for themselves... Her home is a gallery of sorts in itself, heaving with beautiful paintings of her own hand, and by the emerging artists she loves to discover and support. Kate's work is mind-bogglingly well-priced for original paintings and one of these babies certainly won't break the bank if you'd like one for your wall. Check out Kate's site here.
Tara Davy has just designed her first range of fabrics (above) and it is amazing. Tara is making her debut at the Craft & Quilt Fair which is on right now at Darling Harbour in Sydney. If you happen to be down there, pop by the Kelani Fabrics display for a sneek peek, or, if you're feeling crafty and fancy making yourself some cushions or bunting, you can buy Tara's designs by the metre over at Kelani's website from next week...
And last, but definitely not least, Chris Bellamy's paintings (above). Special aren't they? They make me think of a carnival in a dream... I met Chris too many years ago to mention. I was art directing Dolly magazine and Chris was an incredibly talented illustrator who I commissioned at every opportunity! Who knew that all these years later we'd still be firm friends and more importantly, that Chris would be one of the hot emerging talents on the Australian gallery circuit? Colour me impressed. Chris is having her first Sydney exhibition from August 4 at the Iain Dawson Gallery in Paddington - maybe I'll see you there? For more pictures of Chris' work and details about the exhibition, pop over here.

2 comments:

  1. Love Chris's paintings. They look so much like photos at first glance. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina! Thanks for the blog love, you're a sweetheart.
    Much appreciated, luv Tara:)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for visiting.x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...