Black boards on the floors

My decorexic ways, it seems, have struck again. Lately I'm finding myself fighting the overwhelming urge to buy an industrial-sized serving of Black Japan and wreak havoc on my floors. You see, my floorboards are not of my choosing. They're the knottiest pine I've ever seen and I spend my days double-checking ever black oval shape isn't the dead cockroach it appears to be... So, what's stopping me? The sheer amount of work involved.... That and the lack of budget to hand the job over to a tradey. But I thought I'd share a few inspirational shots so you can lust over the black boards with me...

 

 Via

 Via
 
 

 



4 comments:

  1. I adored Black Japan floorboards... until we actually had them done. If you are seriously considering it, email me and I will talk you out of it very quickly. Trust me, the Baltic Pine that I am guessing you have now is better. So much better. Balck Japan only works in photos! Based on one experience in our place in Clovelly... that had great light and was huge! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaahh.... Black floor boards..Gorgeous!!
    Obsessed with them!
    Happy Friday!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of Japan black timber floors and even dark stained which I am considering for our reno. But everyone who has them tells me otherwise. They show up every bit of dirt, hair, food and detritus and with young kids are a nightmare. It's the same with the marble counters I can't bear to live without but which I'm told are also a high maintenance nightmare. What do you do? Get what you love and suffer the consequences, or go for something practical but that doesn't have the wow factor. Jury is still out for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I googled black floorboards to see if they looked good and this came up. I'm absolutely loving them! So our style which is black and white with blue French country. I absolutely hate carpet with a passion! I find it dirty and smelly. If you ever smell carpet you will see what I mean. Dirty feet + cat hair + spills = nasty. So I ripped up my horrible floral carpet from 1920 and happily found great floorboards. People keep telling me to get them stained but after living with stained flooring that lasted a good year before it was all scratched up from dog and cat nails, high heels and baby walkers I decided against it. I'm looking forward to my new flooring!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for visiting.x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...