Before & After: Bar stools

This guy is about as average as they come with his maple-gone-wrong gloss varnish... (funny how varnish is so close to vanish isn't it? And the world would probably be a better place if the varnish would just vanish I say...) But in his defence, he's got good rungs. Rungs a kiddo could comfortably rest his wee feet on....

Then - hello! What a remarkable difference a coat of white paint can make! Holly over at In the Fun Lane really knows how to bring out the best in unloved wares. I always enjoy popping over there for a visit - she has such a great eye for good bones in furniture (and a great source that supplies them all to her! I wish I could find such gorgeous pieces here in Sydney), but the thing I like most about Holly's projects is her attention to the details. Every piece she recreates has it's own special "thing" going on...

 
With this guy, it's the + or x on the seat. Most of us would stop at the completely new colour... Well, here's your inspiration to take things one step further...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Thanks for visiting.x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...